emacs-everywhere

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Sun Mar 6 23:48:26 GMT 2022

Dear Cygwiners - I use Thunderbird as my email tool, and in older versions I
could arrange to invoke emacs as an external editor, edit my mail, save and
exit emacs, and the edited mail would be there in Thunderbird.

I have seen recommendations to use emacs-everywhere to get something like this
going in more recent Thunderbirds.  However, the recommended emacsclient
command fails saying it can't find xdotool - which apparently is not available
under Cygwin.

So ... am I out of luck on this?  Or can the technology be hooked up somehow?
Or maybe somebody here know an esy (not many keystrokes / mouse actions) way
to get stuff from Thunderbird, edit, and get it back into TBird?

This is why I am still on Thunderbird 68.12 (!).

Regards - Eliot Moss