Too many level of symbolic links (still have problem with sbmfs network drives)

Philippe Debanne p.debanne@polymtl.ca
Mon Mar 7 15:32:51 GMT 2022

Hello Takashi,

sorry for the delay.  I don't manage the server in question, so I can't
call 'smbstatus' directly on it, but if it's any indication of version
there is a path :

/usr/share/doc/samba-4.10.16/

Also, attached is the /etc/smb.conf file, somewhat redacted.

Thanks for looking at this.
Philippe

Le 2022-03-07 à 10:14, Takashi Yano a écrit :
> On Sat, 5 Mar 2022 11:23:26 +0900
> Takashi Yano wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Mar 2022 15:43:55 -0500
>> Philippe Debanne wrote:
>>> Hello Cygwin list,
>>>
>>> Since updating my Cygwin installation to the latest version, I am having
>>> the problem of  "Too many levels of symbolic links" on certain network
>>> drives, that was reported in other threads.  I tried replacing the
>>> 'cygwin1.dll' with the snapshots from 2022-02-17 and 2022-03-01
>>> (x86_64).  This did fix the link to one of the network drives, but not