Typed characters are mis-ordered when CPU usage is high

Takashi Yano takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp
Fri Mar 11 21:36:25 GMT 2022

On Thu, 10 Mar 2022 15:17:03 +0200
Orgad Shaneh wrote:
> After using it on more scenarios (3.3 branch), I see have strange problems.
>
> For example, if I run git log -1 and immediately type, my input is
> lost until the prompt appears again.
>
> It doesn't happen with other commands like git status, I'm not sure
> why there's a difference.

Thanks for the report. This is not a new problem but has been
occurring for many years.

I looked into this problem and found the cause.
This seems to be due to a bug of fsync(). Cygwin's fsync()
flushes the console input buffer unlike linux.

I will propose a patch for this issue.

--
Takashi Yano <takashi.yano@nifty.ne.jp>