cygwin-64 + multiarch package (32bit gcc)

Adam Dinwoodie adam@dinwoodie.org
Tue Mar 22 14:31:05 GMT 2022

On Tue, Mar 22, 2022 at 01:25:19PM +0000, Pach Roman (PS-EC/ESG4) via Cygwin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> are there any plans to get the multiarch package ported to Cygwin?
> What would be interesting for me, is to have an 32-bit gcc running in 64-bit Cygwin.

I'm not familiar with the specifics -- this isn't something I've ever
needed for my own purposes -- but I think this is already provided by
the cygwin32* packages like cygwin32-binutils and cygwin32-gcc-core.

This is clearly a slightly different approach to (say) Debian's
multiarch package, but I think it gets you to essentialy the same
endpoint.