Strange link /bin/rungs in 32-bit Cygwin

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Mar 23 13:47:38 GMT 2023

On 3/23/2023 9:10 AM, Fergus Daly via Cygwin wrote:
> Maybe of diminishing interest (32-bit Cygwin) - but:
> Out of nowhere (but see below (*)) a link has occurred
> /bin/rungs -> /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/rungs.tlu
> which is, I think, a typo for /usr/share/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/rungs.lua
> Can anybody confirm?

The symlink and script come from texlive-collection-basic.  In current
TeX Live on 64-bit Cygwin, the link does indeed point to rungs.lua.  But
I think the .tlu extension is used for texlua scripts, so what you're
seeing might not be a typo.  I'd have to look back at last year's
texlive-collection-basic to be sure, but you can do that more easily
than I can, since you already have a system with last year's
texlive-collection-basic.

Ken