Cygwin a bit slow

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis@SystematicSW.ab.ca
Fri Apr 5 16:04:53 GMT 2024

On 2024-04-05 09:21, J M via Cygwin wrote:
> I added, sed and grex x60 to x80, no software running and no antivirus.
> El vie., 5 abr. 2024 17:18, J M escribió:
>> I'm seeing that Cygwin is a bit slow, directly and after comparing to
>> simple ubuntu virtual machines by example.
>> Specifically:
>> - Copy and paste texts in vim, I see clearly the slow in paste.
>> - Using sed and/or grep that count approx. between 6x and 8x respect to
>> virtual machine simple ubuntu.
>> - In general multiple bash commands are slower.
>> Can you analyze this?
>> I'm use the last updated Windows 11 and a fresh Cygwin.

Any chance Cygwin may be running under Hyper-V due to possibly unrequested
security changes, such as enabling Device Security/Core Isolation/Memory
Integrity, because of enabling logging/reporting back to MS, or checking
signature on each execution of each executable, or other "security" features (by
default bypassed by buggy/unsafe MS products, which are the ones that need it)?

                                 -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry