pagefile.sys is reported as being a directory

Bruno Haible bruno@clisp.org
Fri May 3 19:31:28 GMT 2024

Hi Ken,

> It turns out that this was a regression in 3.5.3 and was already
> reported (in a slightly different form) in
>
>    https://cygwin.com/pipermail/cygwin/2024-April/255812.html
>
> and fixed for 3.5.4.

Thanks for the investigations!

> > Do you have a workaround? In Gnulib we wish to have a way to access this file,
> > that works on all versions of Cygwin.
>
> 3.5.3 is the only version that's bad.

The regression was apparently caused by commit
c1cf14a871528d1adba88a0128813b58d52ba926 on the cygwin-3_5-branch. Therefore
the affected versions are 3.5.2 and 3.5.3.

> I can't think of a workaround

I think I'll just make the boot time function skip that file if it
appears to be a directory.

Bruno