This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Setting $HOME for Windows
- From: George <d1945 at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:37:44 -0800
- Subject: Setting $HOME for Windows
- Reply-to: George <d1945 at sbcglobal dot net>
I remember reading some time ago a vague admonition against manually
setting $HOME as a Windows environment variable.
I can't seem to find the message, so if someone can elaborate on why
this is A Bad Thing, I'd appreciate it. This is for those of us
pursuing the Holy Grail of integrating Cygwin with Windows (or,
depending on one's view, Windows with Cygwin), and doing our best to
ignore the less-than-holy %USERPROFILE% construct.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html