To: Ricardo Andrino about eb40A

Hi Ricardo,

I'm using this eval board too. But I'm newbie on eCos.
My objective is to download an image to FLASH via JTAG with a wiggler.
By now, I don't know how start.
I have this things: cygwin on win98, eCos2.0 (/opt/ecos) and
gnutools-arm-elf-1.4-2
To cygwin I used the Setup.exe file to install it from a mirror.
To ecos2.0 I did the "ecos-2.0.cygwin.tar.bz2" download, used "bunzip2
file.tar.bz2" and then "tar -xvf file.tar". The same to
"ecoscentric-gnutools-arm-elf-1.4-2.cygwin.tar.bz2".
So I have .exe files at:
/opt/ecos/ecos-2.0/tools/bin
/opt/ecos/gnutools/arm-elf/bin

Untill now I tested MULTI2000, ARM, ADS, IAR WorkBench and they work well.
I think I need to start with configuration tool. But I don't understand what
is it's function. Where it changes will influence? Does eCos like MULTI,
ARM, ADS... only a development software with serial and JTAG interfaces
(basically) running on a Host? What else I have to do to start programming C
language, compiling, debugging and downloading it to the board? What's
RedBoot? Is it like Angel?

Best Regards,

Marcelo Kenji
Brazil