This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: man incredibly slow because it scans for share directory in PATH??
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 21:41:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: man incredibly slow because it scans for share directory in PATH??
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <19074b1d-78d1-a425-5a79-434ce8b1d480 at kit dot edu> <310054882 dot 20160612134916 at yandex dot ru> <1c58d754-9720-0780-6f5e-76edc056b480 at kit dot edu> <87y46acvww dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <575EF950 dot 2010809 at tlinx dot org> <87lh2829i4 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <57605904 dot 8080703 at tlinx dot org>
Linda Walsh writes:
> Achim Gratz wrote:
>> with the POSIX shells you shouldn't have a MANPATH variable set at all
>> unless you did that yourself in one of your configuration files.
> Not exactly sure where it came from (looks like an older
> version of some cygwin package)
Well, it says "base-files 3.9-3", so this is from âwaitâ December 2009.
> I added some unrelated debug stuff
> that came from my linux system).
Now, when you do that, it prevents any later releases from replacing
your file with the newer version in /etc/defaults and you're expected to
check the differences yourself and either switch back to the default
version or carry whatever changes you've made.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptations for KORG EX-800 and Poly-800MkII V0.9:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple