[Attn. Maintainers] perl-5.30.1 -- prepare for release

Jon Turney jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Feb 16 15:30:00 GMT 2020

On 16/02/2020 08:08, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> Am 16.02.2020 um 07:55 schrieb ASSI:
>> Marco Atzeri writes:
>>> If needed I built subversion-1.13.0-2 for both architecture
>>> starting from your subversion-1.13.0-1 source.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>>> Only bumped the version and built with perl 5.30.
>>> I have not investigated the test failures due to misaligned
>>> file locations.
>>
>> The package is already orphaned and David clearly has more important
>> things to care about at the moment, so I'd appreciate if you would take
>> over the package, even if it was just for this re-release.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Achim.
>>

> the files are up.
>
> I am not sure if this form in cygwin-pkg-maint is acceptable for
> the files authorization:
>
>   $ grep subversion cygwin-pkg-maint
> subversion            ORPHANED (David Rothenberger/Marco Atzeri)

I think this is acceptable to calm.

> if not someone should modify cygwin-pkg-maint in a more traditional way

Perhaps I should just extend the list of special users who are allowed
to upload orphaned packages to include all uploaders who also have a
sourceware shell account.

(since they can upload anything by just moving it directly into the
relarea, anyhow)