licensing NOT clear for me
John Mullee
jmullee@hotmail.com
Fri Mar 19 09:35:00 GMT 1999
DJ Delorie wrote:
> Yes, but again, both cygwin's sources and the sources to your
well, kinda obvious from our context..
> purposefully obfuscating the sources or complicating the
> download violates the GPL.
Is that right? surely having them available 'on request' is enough?
I don't recall mentions of distribution formats in the GPL, just the
'medium' - which I would take to mean 'on the same ftp site' in
this context ..
> > FWIW, the cdk/src/winsup directory - i.e. the sources for the cygwin
> > dll - zip into about 700 kb. (one floppy disk!)
> You'd need winsup, newlib, libiberty, and toplevel. It tar.gz's to
> about 4Mb.
I wonder: will someone prepare such a (gpl-valid) archive ? ..
john
--
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to cygwin-unsubscribe@sourceware.cygnus.com
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list