Newly-installed bash 3.2.9-10 (cygwin 1.5.24-1) exits when I try to execute a program

jm.challier@free.fr jm.challier@free.fr
Tue Jan 30 12:37:00 GMT 2007

Hello again

Sorry to ask for explainations, but since English is not my mother tongue, I
think I may be misunderstanding the point you made :

> 4a. For a single affected script, add this line just after the she-bang:
>  (set -o igncr) 2>/dev/null && set -o igncr; # comment is needed
> 4b. For a single script, invoke bash explicitly with the shopt, as in
> 'bash -o igncr ./myscript' rather than the simpler './myscript'.

When I open a command line and launch bash with -o igncr option, I still get the
problem :

> C:\Lang\cygwin\bin>bash --login -i -o igncr
> bash-3.2$ echo $SHELLOPTS

braceexpand:emacs:hashall:histexpand:history:igncr:interactive-comments:monitor
> bash-3.2$ ls
>
> C:\Lang\cygwin\bin>

What am I doing wrong ?

TIA